how - xcode import provisioning profile
Provisioning Profiles menu item missing from Xcode 5 (6)
After spending a whole day installing a fresh copy of Mac OS X v10.8 (Mountain Lion), Xcode 5, fixing provisioning profiles, certificates, creating new ones, I finally managed to get my applications running on my iPad again. The problem is that in Xcode 5 I don't have a menu item for Library - Provisioning Profiles, and I don't know what could have happened. I restarted the computer, tried some things, but I really have no idea what I could do. How can I fix this problem?
Xcode 5 lost my Mac Provisioning Profile while the one for iOS was present. The tips elsewhere helped solve the problem; this is what I did, because I noticed the lists were too short and did not include *Mac Team Provisioning Profile: **
- Xcode menu => Preferences => Accounts
- Select the Apple ID in the left panel.
- Click the View Details button on the right.
- In the pop-over that follows click the round refresh arrow. The lists will refresh after the download from the Member Center finishes. This can take a few minutes.
- The provisioning profiles can then be selected in a Mac project under Build Settings => Code Signing => Provisioning Profile.
After searching a few times in google, i found one software for provisioning profiles.
Install this iPhone configuration utility software and manage your all provisioning profiles in MAC.
If you like to manually manage your profiles (mostly to clean up):
- Open Windows/Devices in Xcode 6
- Select your device
- Show Provisioning Profiles:
- You'll get + and - buttons to add/remove profiles:
No longer supported ... you can also download Apple's iPhone Configuration Utility 3.5 for Mac OS X, it still has "Provisioning Profiles" and works with Xcode 5 -- it's now gone from Apples site but you can find an alternative download link in @suda's comment.
Provisioning files are located in:
Just remove the out-of-date files.
These settings have now moved to
Preferences > Accounts:
Xcode >> Preferences >> Accounts