plist - the - itms-services protocol
Error when distributing an IPA over the air with dropbox-iOS 7.1 (3)
NOTE : Shared links don’t render HTML content in a web browser
How to force render a file in a browser
EDIT : Reason is you will need to change link url and reupload it :
dl.dropboxusercontent.com inall links
Reuploadby making changes in link which are in
Thats it. Enjoy
Needed file for
example link are given below :
- Build your app from xcode using Build and Archive option.
Note : replace
dl.dropboxusercontent.com in the
Download the manifest.plist -
editthe line #14 with the public
Modifyother keys as well (
bundle-identifier, bundle-version, title) .
Download the index.html -
edit url paramat line #8 with public
Hosting using Github. How that can be achieved is explained in following steps
- Create a new project.
- Add index.html as we will be hosting a site in Github Pages. Note html file with other name will not be valid as it should always be with index name.
- Now go to project settings. Traverse through Github Pages
- Under source tab select master-branch and click on save
- Traverse back Github Pages you will see site will be published
Now you have Download link like https://paresh-navadiya.github.io/install.html/
Refer How to distribute using DropBox by @ oldman's answer and Distribute your iPhone/iPad adhoc builds Over The Air using DropBox
It working 100% percent.
Have a nice day to all :)
As Apple requested to use https instead of http for distributing the IPAs over the air, I tried to use dropbox. I followed this solution Enterprise app deployment doesn't work on iOS 7.1 but I'm getting this error:
"Cannot connect to dl.dropboxusercontent.com"
when trying to install the plist through this link:
<a href="itms-services://?action=download-manifest&url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/56ny312cwdacho7/xxxxx.plist> Install </a>
Thanks in advance.
As already pointed out in a similar reply here, if the PLIST file is malformed, this error will appear.
In my case, I forgot the fact that the ampersand ("&") charcater is forbidden in XML, and the name of my app contained "&" in it, so I had to replace the
& in the containing the name and everything worked.
I had exactly the same issue. Firstly I tried putting all of my files in the public folder of my dropbox account. It still didn't work but I noticed with modifying my plist file I had overwritten the closing "</string>" XML tag for the ipa file itself. Once I added that back in it all worked. So whether it would have worked without moving to the public folder I do not know. I haven't tried because I have the result I desire for my users.