studio - manifest file in android tutorial point
Android studio 3.5 refactor issue (5)
If you don't have any custom code style for your IDE
File | Settings | Editor | Code Style | XML | Arrangement
Find gear(settings) icon in the top, click it then press "restore defaults".
I just updated my studio with android studio 3.5 and now when I am trying to refactor
file and it is refactoring my all app permission to the bottom of my file.
Have any one faced this issue? Is there any solution for this refactoring issue?
It is applicable to my all project files.
Why it matters:
If you have a custom code style defined, you have to specify a type for each rule: tag or attribute.
It seems like after the update, if you do not specify a type, the rules will be applied to both. Not sure if it is a bug, but that's how i fixed.
Just adding more details .
This is a known issue with android studio from Android Studio 3.5 Canary 8 . It should get fixed in next version as this turned out to affect large number of developers .
You can see status of the bug here
Also the solution is
Broken XML code style
When editing XML code, the IDE might apply an incorrect code style when you select Code > Reformat Code from the menu bar. To fix this issue, reset the appropriate Android code style as follows:
- Open the Settings window by clicking File > Settings (on macOS, Android Studio > Preferences).
- In the left panel, click Editor > Code Style > XML.
- Near the top-right corner of the right panel, select Set from > Predefined Style > Android
- Click OK.
Which is found here -> Known issues with Android Studio and Android Gradle Plugin
You just need to set xml layout for Android applications from the settings.
Follow this steps:
1. Go to Android Studio > Preferences . For Windows, go to File > Settings .
2. Search for xml in search bar.
3. Under code style section, select xml tab.
4. In the top right corner, click on set from... and under predefined style , select Android
5. Click on Apply and try to refactor.