email authentication - Gmail smtp configuration for Drupal 7
- Download SMTP module and enable it.
Go to Admin > Configuration > SMTP authentication support and set the following values:
- Turn on the module at the Install options fieldset at the top.
- SMTP server settings:
- smtp server: smtp.gmail.com
- smtp backup server: leave blank.
- smtp port: 465
- use encrypted protocol: select "use SSL"
- SMTP authentication:
- Enter a valid Gmail email address and password.
- Email options:
- Set the same email address that you used at SMTP Authentication. Using a different account is called Phishing
- Send test email: set an email to receive a sample email.
- Enable debugging: yes.
3. Click on submit and verify that the email was submitted and that you received it. If not, read carefully the debug information at the top of the screen. Once satisfied, remember to deactivate the debug checkbox.
I want to send email in Drupal 7. So, does anyone know how to configure Gmail SMTP on Drupal 7?