java - working - How to search for a method name in Eclipse
search in eclipse shortcut (4)
This question already has an answer here:
Cmd + O only allow you to search for method in the current opened file, are there any easy method to search for method in your project?
CTRL+H, You can see
Search For box, select Method. In
Scope, select Enclosing projects.
1. I always prefer Ctrl + F to find methods, variable etc...........
2. This also gives the functionality to replace one or all the names with the one you want to...
3. Ctrl+H is also very helpful for finding method, variables, package,etc....
Use Ctrl+Gto search for declarations of the method your cursor is currently sitting on, as opposed to the Shift+Ctrl+G mentioned by user1071979 which shows all references to method. kshen mentioned Ctrl+H which will give you greatest flexibility - though giving you a dialog box to fill out to go further.
- F3 - open declaration
- Ctrl+H - open additional search dialog
- Ctrl+Shift+G -search references in workspace