surefirereflectionexception java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hamcrest/SelfDescribing
surefirereflectionexception java lang noclassdeffounderror org hamcrest selfdescribing (12)
If this problem arise in a RCP project it can be because JUnit has been explicitly imported.
Check the editor for your
Dependencies tab, remove the
org.junit from the Imported Packages and add
org.junit to the Required Plug-ins.
junit test in
eclipse I am getting this
junit.jar library file.
I've tried different versions of junit.jar:
How do I fix this Exception?
Works for me: IntelliJ IDEA 13.1.1, JUnit4, Java 6
I changed the file in project path: [PROJECT_NAME].iml
<library> <CLASSES> <root url="jar://$APPLICATION_HOME_DIR$/lib/junit-4.11.jar!/" /> </CLASSES> <JAVADOC /> <SOURCES /> </library>
<library name="JUnit4"> <CLASSES> <root url="jar://$APPLICATION_HOME_DIR$/lib/junit-4.11.jar!/" /> <root url="jar://$APPLICATION_HOME_DIR$/lib/hamcrest-core-1.3.jar!/" /> <root url="jar://$APPLICATION_HOME_DIR$/lib/hamcrest-library-1.3.jar!/" /> </CLASSES> <JAVADOC /> <SOURCES /> </library>
So the final .iml file is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <module type="JAVA_MODULE" version="4"> <component name="NewModuleRootManager" inherit-compiler-output="true"> <exclude-output /> <content url="file://$MODULE_DIR$"> <sourceFolder url="file://$MODULE_DIR$/src" isTestSource="false" /> <sourceFolder url="file://$MODULE_DIR$/tests" isTestSource="true" /> </content> <orderEntry type="inheritedJdk" /> <orderEntry type="sourceFolder" forTests="false" /> <orderEntry type="module-library"> <library name="JUnit4"> <CLASSES> <root url="jar://$APPLICATION_HOME_DIR$/lib/junit-4.11.jar!/" /> <root url="jar://$APPLICATION_HOME_DIR$/lib/hamcrest-core-1.3.jar!/" /> <root url="jar://$APPLICATION_HOME_DIR$/lib/hamcrest-library-1.3.jar!/" /> </CLASSES> <JAVADOC /> <SOURCES /> </library> </orderEntry> </component> </module>
P.S.: save the file and don't let to IntelliJ Idea reload it. Just once.
According to the JUnit GitHub team website (https://github.com/junit-team/junit/wiki/Download-and-Install),
hamcrest-core.jar are both needed in the classpath when using JUnit 4.11.
Here is the Maven dependency block for including junit and hamcrest.
<dependency> <groupId>junit</groupId> <artifactId>junit</artifactId> <version>4.1.2</version> <scope>test</scope> </dependency> <!-- Needed by junit --> <dependency> <groupId>org.hamcrest</groupId> <artifactId>hamcrest-all</artifactId> <version>1.3</version> <scope>test</scope> </dependency>
As a general rule, always make sure hamcrest is before any other testing libraries on the classpath, as many such libraries include hamcrest classes and may therefore conflict with the hamcrest version you're using. This will resolve most problems of the type you're describing.
I had the same problem, the solution is to add in build path/plugin the jar org.hamcrest.core_1xx, you can find it in eclipse/plugins.
the simplest way of solving the problem to begin with is copying latest version of hamcrest-code.jar into your CLASSPATH that is the file you store other .jar files needed for compilation and running of your application.
that could be e.g.: C:/ant/lib
This happens when you run Ant via command line. The implicit user dependencies are added in the classpath at the end and take precedence over the project-added classpath. Run Ant with
-nouserlib flag. The implicit dependencies would be excluded from the classpath.
Just in case there's anyone here using netbeans and has the same problem, all you have to do is
- Right click on TestLibraries
- Click on Add Library
- Select JUnit and click add library
- Repeat the process but this time click on Hamcrest and the click add library
This should solve the problem
It sounds like a classpath issue, so there are a few different ways to go about it. Where does org/hamcret/SelfDescribing come from? Is that your class or in a different jar?
Try going to your project Build Path and on the Libraries tab, add a Library. You should be able to choose JUnit to your project. This is a little bit different than just having the JUnit jar file In your project.
In your Run Configuration for the JUnit test, check the Classpath. You could probably fix this by adding making sure your Classpath can see that SelfDescribing class there. The Run option in Eclipse has a different set of options for the JUnit options.
The problem is when you set up eclipse to point to JRE instead of JDK. JRE has
junit4.jar in the
lib/ext folder, but not
hamcrest.jar :) So the solution is to check installed JREs in Eclipse, remove the existing one and create a new one pointing to your JDK.
This problem is because of your classpath miss hamcrest-core-1.3.jar. To resolve this add hamcrest-core-1.3.jar as you add junit-4.XX.jar into your classpath.
At first, I encounter this problem too, but after I refer to the official site and add hamcrest-core-1.3.jar into classpath with command line, it works properly finally.
javac -d ../../../../bin/ -cp ~/libs/junit-4.12.jar:/home/limxtop/projects/algorithms/bin MaxHeapTest.java java -cp ../../../../bin/:/home/limxtop/libs/junit-4.12.jar:/home/limxtop/libs/hamcrest-core-1.3.jar org.junit.runner.JUnitCore com.limxtop.heap.MaxHeapTest
You need junit-dep.jar because the junit.jar has a copy of old Hamcrest classes.